Architrave

Get Architrave prices from trusted pros in Banbridge

Came and gave quote and then completed job on the same day, I was very happy with work done.
Mr Phil Hall
Quotatis helped me find a local company who's given me an excellent quote. Thanks Quotatis.
Ms Michelle Aidoo
This was the best way I have ever got a quote and you know that that they are good reliable tradesman with certificates.
Mrs Diana Fox
Extremely efficient and amazingly quick acquiring the nearest relevant companies to my location.
Mrs Gwen Tapp
Hereford
Excellent, saved me the time and trouble of finding local and reliable contractors. Thank you.
Mr K Gregg
Coventry
Very personable and the whole process painless, friendly and efficient.
Mrs Sarah Baxendale

Submit now and get Architrave quotes today!


brand text, Architrave | myinteriorpainter.co.uk
telegraph, Architrave | myinteriorpainter.co.uk
house to home, Architrave | myinteriorpainter.co.uk
good housekeeping, Architrave | myinteriorpainter.co.uk

Architrave is the ornamental timber framing around a doorway. It is available in numerous mouldings to fit any kind of interior decoration, from bigger styles used to transform a door into an impressive feature, to simple designs just to help soften the frame between a doorway and the wall. Fitting architrave is a relatively effortless job and can be done in a DIY manner, but it may also be done by a skilled painter and decorator.

As with many other interior decoration jobs, architrave requires careful measurement and cutting to be sure that the ends join neatly and give a high quality finish. At places where the individual boards join, normally at the top two edges of the doorway, a mitre cut should be made to join the two pieces together. Architrave can be installed using glue, but is usually nailed to the wood framework around the doorway. Any gaps between the architrave and the wall or frame can be filled, and any observable nails may also be filled over and painted.

Employing a skilled interior designer or painter and decorator to fit your architrave will be very affordable, and they’ll be able to advise you on which designs will best accommodate the decor of your property, as well as ensure that the fitting is as clean as possible.

Use our free Architrave quote search to access local pros in Banbridge


Get Banbridge pros

The town of Banbridge is within Northern Ireland’s County Down. It’s situated around the River Bann plus a dual carriageway, with its name derived from a bridge that was constructed over the River Bann in 1712. It’s included in the civil parish of Seapatrick as well as the historic barony of Iveagh Upper, Upper Half. Banbridge is at present the administrative base for the Banbridge District Council. As recorded in the 2011 Census, the town has a permanent resident population of around 16653. It is classed as a medium town and of the population, 24.4 percent were aged under 16 years, 16.1% were over 60 years of age, and 49.5 percent were male, leaving 50.5% as female. The town emerged as a coach stop for the road in between Belfast and Dublin, and it prospered from the manufacture of Irish linen. A striking feature of the town is its unique main street, which rises to a steep hill just before levelling out. An underpass had to be constructed in 1834 as a result of the steep street causing horses with heavy loads to faint before they got to the top of the hill. Constructed by William Dargan, it’s officially named the Downshire Bridge, though it’s frequently known as ‘The Cut’. The town is widely identified for being close to the Bronte Homeland in Rathfriland, attracting numerous visitors for this reason. One more attraction is the annual busking festival, ‘Buskfest’, which has been running since 2004. Participants have often travelled long distances to busk, and the event finishes with an evening concert consisting of performances by recognised artists. For all of your residence upgrades, make certain that you choose trusted experts in Banbridge to ensure that you get the best quality service.

Find Banbridge pros 

Find Pros