Artex Removal

Get Artex Removal prices from trusted pros in Banbridge

Came and gave quote and then completed job on the same day, I was very happy with work done.
Mr Phil Hall
Quotatis helped me find a local company who's given me an excellent quote. Thanks Quotatis.
Ms Michelle Aidoo
This was the best way I have ever got a quote and you know that that they are good reliable tradesman with certificates.
Mrs Diana Fox
Extremely efficient and amazingly quick acquiring the nearest relevant companies to my location.
Mrs Gwen Tapp
Hereford
Excellent, saved me the time and trouble of finding local and reliable contractors. Thank you.
Mr K Gregg
Coventry
Very personable and the whole process painless, friendly and efficient.
Mrs Sarah Baxendale

Submit now and get Artex Removal quotes today!


brand text, Artex Removal | myinteriorpainter.co.uk
telegraph, Artex Removal | myinteriorpainter.co.uk
house to home, Artex Removal | myinteriorpainter.co.uk
good housekeeping, Artex Removal | myinteriorpainter.co.uk

Artex used to be a widely used way of finishing walls and ceilings. Artex is a water based covering that is scraped and shaped into a textured surface. It may look somewhat old-fashioned nowadays, though, and lots of homeowners are looking to get rid of the artex in their houses. Always be cautious when handling artex, especially older artex, as it could contain asbestos. Asbestos was found in some older artexes, so be sure to have a survey done to make sure of whether it exists in your artex, since it could really restrict the choices available for artex removal.

There are lots of options available to remove artex. One is to use a steam stripper to heat up the artex to the point where it can be scraped away. However, this may occasionally damage the wall or ceiling behind the artex, so it is often worth going right back to the original plasterboard or wall base. Additionally, there are products available which can make this method of eliminating artex easier. These products only need applying over the artex and then to be left for a period of time, often overnight. They can then be removed along with the artex. An alternative option for artex removal is to simply plaster over it. This will require any especially high details of the existing artex to be sanded down, and then plaster can be applied over the top for a smooth carry out. Artex can also have plasterboard installed over the top and then be plastered over. Alternatively, some artex can be covered with a thick wallpaper.

Regardless of the technique used, artex removal is almost always possible, provided appropriate care is taken around the possible existence of asbestos.

Use our free Artex Removal quote search to access local pros in Banbridge


Get Banbridge pros

The town of Banbridge is in Northern Ireland’s County Down. It’s positioned around the River Bann as well as a dual carriageway, with its name coming from a bridge that was built to cross the River Bann in 1712. It is included in the civil parish of Seapatrick as well as the historic barony of Iveagh Upper, Upper Half. Banbridge is at the moment the administrative centre for the Banbridge District Council. As per the 2011 Census, the town has a resident population of about 16653. It is categorised as a medium town and of the population, 24.4% were aged under 16 years, 16.1 percent were more than 60 years of age, and 49.5% were male, leaving 50.5 percent as female. In its infancy, the town was a coach stop for the road between Belfast and Dublin, and it prospered in the manufacturing process of Irish linen. A noteworthy feature of the town is its distinctive main street, which rises to a steep hill ahead of levelling out. An underpass had to be constructed in 1834 as a result of the demanding street causing horses carrying heavy loads to faint before they could get to the top of the hill. Built by William Dargan, it’s officially named the Downshire Bridge, despite the fact that it’s frequently referred to as ‘The Cut’. The town is broadly known for being near to the Bronte Homeland in Rathfriland, attracting quite a few guests who visit this location. Yet another attraction is the annual busking festival, ‘Buskfest’, which has been running since 2004. Participants have often travelled long distances to perform, as well as the event ends with an evening concert including performances by recognised artists. For all of your house improvement tasks, be sure that you choose trustworthy experts in Banbridge to ensure you get the best quality service.

Find Banbridge pros 

Find Pros